From my Crossfit Elements days, I’m reminiscing on the pyramid drawing where the “base” of everything is built on nutrition. I figured what better base to build the weekend on than a Paleo PIZZA?
I promised a fellow blogger that I would share this, cause it’s awesome. Not to suggest There aren’t 1,000+ recipes out there for this, but I will tell you it’s totally worth trying! I have non-Paleo friends who often request my pizza, so it must be decent 😉 Will warn you strict Paleo foodies… this recipe does contain goat cheese. I personally live by the 80% Paleo, 100% of the time guideline. Pick your battles 😉
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
– 1 head cauliflower, riced or grated
– 1 egg
– 1/3 cup soft goat cheese
– 1 tbsp oregano
– 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- With ricing blade attached to food processor, feed in cauliflower. If you don’t have a food processor, you should get one. Or you can sweat it out with a cheese grater.
- Microwave cauliflower for 7-8 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Let cauliflower cool slightly, then add remaining ingredient and mix to combine.
- Form cauli. Mixture into “crusts” 1/3” thick and of desired size/shape on cookie sheet(s) lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Add toppings of choice and return to oven until cheese is melted and toppings are warmed.
– Note: toppings should be pre-cooked as they won’t spend enough time in oven for this process. Also, this is not typically the kind of thing you can pick up, but more of a knife and fork operation. Once you taste it though, you may not be concerned about this minor detail. In terms of toppings, I usually go with a little tomato sauce, sautéed mushrooms, peppers and green onion, some shredded chicken (if I have it handy) a light crumble of goat cheese and some chopped spinach. But to each their own. These also freeze quite well pre-topped, once cooled and wrapped in tin foil.