One of the awesome Crossfit Division coaches inquired about this recipe, so I figured I could share with you all 🙂 It’s delicious and fairly easy to make. Enjoy!
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Splash olive oil
- Spaghetti sauce (amount will depend on taste and size of veggies)
- Your favorite crumble-able goat cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds. Place squash halves, open side down, on foil lined cookie sheet
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until skin indents when you poke it
- Place large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic. Once garlic becomes fragrant, add pepper, zucchini and carrot. Saute until veggies are warmed, but still a bit crunchy
- Once squash is done, combine spaghetti “noodles”, veggie mix, diced tomato and tomato sauce in large casserole dish. Sprinkle goat cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is brown to your liking.
- Let cool and find happiness.
*** If goat cheese isn’t your thing, regular mozzarella works too. Or no cheese at all!